Monday, September 14, 2009

In The Moonlit Night!

(This poem was written by one of my Student when I was on Teaching Practise In 2008)
The prayer flags around the chorten was fluttering
And the crow was perched on the top
The silent moor was gentle slope towards the
Bottom, where the silent lake was found.

The chilly breeze rushes from the
High peak frozen with snow
Tickling my face and the moor
Appears quite silent and dark.

The snow was gently drifting down
Towards the silent cloudy lake
The timid Sun clings just
Behind in purple glow.

Suddenly the white circular moon
Appears in the blue glittering sky
Reflecting the beauty of jeweled sky
And, the silent moor and the silent lake.

The moonlit night was shadowy
The frosty mountain was blazing
And the crow was calling
And the prayer falgs are fluttering.

The road was bending through
The underneath towards the hills
And I stood on the top of the hills
Gazing towards the lake that rippled.

Sudden chilly breeze keeps whispering over my ears
And what could be the signal!
I wonder for sometime
Just staring all around me.

Once again the chilly breeze rushes from
The high peak which was frozen with snow
Tickling my face and
My wavy hair in the silent moonlit night.

What could be the signal-
What could be the signal-
It is amazing
It is amazing………….
The glittering moon also crept behind
The far away peak and the
Monnlight night was dawn
With chirping of birds.

I could hear in the distance
The people bursting into laughter
And the singing lady and the birds
Flapping their wings and echo of man calling!

Once again the chilly brezee rushes
From the high peak which was frozen
With snow, like the shrill crescendo
Through my mind.

Suddenly in a distance I could see
A lady rushing towards me
As if she shouldn’t be missing the dawn
And shouldn’t be existing during daylight.

Nearer she came, my heart beat faster
As if like playing of music
I was waiting for her to get near
Putting my life on the top of a cliff with
Unimaginative fear.

With no words she hugged me
As if she knows me
I wonder with no words to say
And without knowing anything else to do.

Her face was as white as snow
Which was lying on the peak
Her eyes were chinky with plumy lips
And her hair was waving in the dawn.

Her boot was glassy with red coat
And skirt seems to be as beaty as
Blooming lotus in the silent sky
Which can be easily fitted in my heart core.

Who could be she? From no where
Fragile heart-fragile heart the echo
Came and went on and on-
Over the atmosphere.

When the dawn was about to touch by daylight
With last waords and hug, she went back
Through the bending road on the hills and I kept on
Staring until she dipped behind the peak.

I don’t know from where she came
And where she’s goneWithout a single words from her
The golden moment flew away.

As soon as she left, sun was peeping through
The window pane and I was still lying on
The bed creating my new world
Beyond any imagination.

Since then, when the moonlit night is shadowy
The frosty mountain is blazing
And the crow is calling on the top
And the prayer flags are fluttering

I remain on the hill top
Cherishing the past event
And waiting for her in the
Moonlit night and looking forward

To make my dream in reality-
In reality-
In reality-
In reality!


(Pema Dorji Tamang
Cl-IX
Mendrelgang Middle Secondary School
Tsirang)

No comments:

Post a Comment